- Agency: National Roads Authority
- Reference: R01292021
- Posted: 08-Apr-2021
- Closing Date: 29-Apr-2021
- Salary: CI$37,520 - CI$53,793
- Job Description
National Roads Authority
Applications are invited for the post of: Accounts Officer
The primary role if the Accounts Officer is to assist Finance with planning, organizing, monitoring and controlling the financial activities of the NRA. The post holder will be responsible for the processing of payable transactions of the Authority. Assist with but not limited to, receiving and answering queries from the public, vendors and other stakeholders as to the status of invoices and purchase orders. This role requires the post-holder to be accurate and timely in processing large numbers of invoices.
- Performs all accounts payables functions including purchase order controls, keying and validation of payment batches to the Explorer system, processing payments, liaising with CFO regarding cheque runs, and communicating with vendors/sections to ensure that expenses incurred are paid in a timely manner.
- Performs accounts receivable functions including the billing and collection of accounts receivable and ensures that all money received by the Authority is accounted for quickly and accurately and deposited in a timely manner.
- Prepares Monthly and Bi-weekly payroll including deduction register.
- Ensures that suppliers’ invoices are checked, matched with purchase orders and approved for payment.
- Prepares monthly pension reports for the PSPB.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Post holder must have an Associate’s Degree in related course of study &/or have a minimum of 3 years accounting experience. OR In the absence of a college Degree, High School Diploma with 4 O'Level/CXC passes and 5-7 years work experience in an accounting related field may also apply.
- Numeracy, analytical skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal are essential.
- Proficiency in Computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook, etc.) Familiarity with Explorer would be an asset.
- Be forward thinking with the ability to multi-task, whilst working under deadlines and other office pressure.
- A working knowledge of the Public Management and Finance Law and the accounting practices followed within the Cayman Islands Government would be an asset.
Interested parties are required to submit a NRA job application and their resume no later than Friday April 29th, 2021 to:
Attn: Chief HR Officer
Ref: Accounts Officer Recruitment
National Roads Authority
P.O. Box 10426
Grand Cayman, KY1-1004
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.