Human Resources Manager
- Agency: Prison Service
- Reference: R01222021
- Posted: 07-Apr-2021
- Closing Date: 17-Apr-2021
- Salary: CI$61,272 - CI$82,380
- Job Description
Human Resources Manager
Her Majesty’s Cayman Islands Prison Service
The Human Resources Manager position is a senior role within the department with responsibilities for the delivery of the full range of HR services and is the advisor to the Head of Department on all personnel matters. He/she is expected to be conversant in all employment legislation, government policies and procedures and be able to assist management and staff to navigate complex HR processes.
AS HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Develop and implement HR strategies aligned with the department’s mission and vision and the broader Civil Service strategies.
- Bridge the gap between management and employee relations by addressing grievances and other concerns.
- Ensure the department is compliant with all employment laws, government policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance, advice and support to the head of department and the management team.
- Create and maintain accurate and details employment records for all employees according to statutory requirements.
- Effectively manage benefits for all employees including payroll, pension and health insurance.
- Conduct recruitment exercises to identify suitable candidates for the organization.
- Coordinate and participate in training and development activities.
- Produce HR reports on key performance indicators and HR metrics.
- Liaise with the Ministry, the POCS, Treasury, CINICO, PSPB and other stakeholders to enhance the outcomes for staff and customers/clients.
DO YOU HAVE?
- A Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management or a related field with a minimum of five years’ of relevant experience;
- Alternatively, the post holder must possess a minimum of ten years’ experience in a similar role within a professional environment; At least three of those years must be in a supervisory or managerial role;
- Experience managing in a law enforcement/public safety areas as well as experience in large organizations would be advantageous;
- Strong interpersonal skills to provide guidance and advice to employees and managers from different backgrounds and at all levels;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong relationship management skills;
- Solid knowledge and skills in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, HRIRIS or other HR IS Software;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation, policies and procedures to the organization’s unique context;
The following are required submissions for the post:
- COMPLETED CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
- COVER LETTER and RESUME
- COPIES OF RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
SUBMIT APPLICATION BY 17th April 2021 TO:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs
133 Elgin Avenue, George Town, Grand Cayman
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.