- Agency: Tourism
- Reference: R01262021
- Posted: 08-Apr-2021
- Closing Date: 22-Apr-2021
- Salary: CI$35,880 - CI$48,288
- Job Description
MINISTRY OF DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION, TOURISM & TRANSPORT
The Cayman Islands Department of Tourism invites applications for the following post:
Reporting to the Product Development Officer (Licensing and Inspections) this post will be primarily responsible for ensuring that all tourist accommodations and tourist sites/attractions meet the minimum standards as laid down by the Tourism Regulations made under the Tourism Law, through on-going and annual property inspections. This role supports the operations of the Hotels Licensing Board in its efforts at maintaining a quality tourism product.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Inspect all assigned tourist accommodations on an annual and on-going basis
- Prepare DOT reports on each property inspection conducted.
- Maintain appropriate records of all property inspections conducted
- Prepare and submit a recommended list of inspected properties to the Hotels Licensing Board for consideration regarding the licensing of properties
- Maintain proper records of all tourist site/attraction inspections.
- Coordinate inspections with the Department of Environmental Health and the Cayman Islands Fire Service whenever practical and possible
Applicants should possess the following education, experience, attributes and skills:
- Minimum of 4 GSCE/CXC passes including English and Maths
- Knowledge of Hotel Operations, particularly housekeeping would be an asset
- 2-4 year employment in the tourist accommodation sector.
- Computer Literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent command of English Language
- Professional in appearance and approach
- Friendly and personable with excellent customer and interpersonal relations and communications skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent work ethic and positive team player
- Objective viewpoint, outgoing and motivated personality
- Responsible individual, requiring minimal supervision
- Must have a valid driver license and have use of own motor vehicle
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FORM & RESUME VIA EMAIL TO: RECRUITMENT@CAYMANISLANDS.KY OR MAIL TO:
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF COMPLETED APPLICATIONS:
22ND APRIL 2021
Only candidates short-listed will be contacted
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.