Deputy Chief Officer - Policy Coordination
- Agency: Cabinet
- Reference: R01062021
- Posted: 25-Mar-2021
- Closing Date: 19-Apr-2021
- Salary: CI$101,436 - CI$136,428
- Job Description
The CI Government invites applications for the following position in the Cabinet Office Portfolio
Deputy Chief Officer – Policy Coordination
The job’s primary function is to assist the Cabinet Secretary fulfilling responsibilities under section 48(3) of the Cayman Islands Constitution Order 2009, and in the overall management of the Cabinet Office, with specifically regarding Policy Coordination, Communication and Governance.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the Cabinet Secretary, the postholder is expected to work collaboratively in a team environment with senior team members and contribute to the Office’s overall strategic & operational objectives.
- Enhancing capacity within the Cabinet Office to fulfil its Constitutional remit co-ordinating the development and implementation of policy between departments and ministerial portfolios and across the wider Government sector to refocus and strengthen the role of the Departments/Units forming the operational arm of the Cabinet Office responsible for policy implementation.
The post-holder must be educated to the Bachelor’s level or equivalent. A Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or a similar field is desirable. Extensive knowledge of the Cayman Islands Constitution Order 2009 is preferable.
- The post-holder must possess no less than 10 years experience in the public service, with at least 5 years in a high pressure and politically exposed environment, of which 3 years should be with supervisory or mid-level management. The postholder must demonstrate ability to work effectively with elected Ministers, Members of Parliament and Senior Public Servants while maintaining political neutrality. Must provide clear evidence of coordinating policy across the public service, leadership, and extensive experience in policy development and the provision of policy analysis and advice.
- Broad experience in, and an in-depth working knowledge of, the Cayman Islands Government’s organisational structure, functions, policies and procedures (including budget preparation and financial control, personnel management and strategic planning) are required.
- Proven creative thinking and time management skills.
- Excellent research, analytical and problem solving skills, ability to work on own initiative and engage in original, solution-focused thinking. Both oral and written communication skills must be of the highest caliber.
- A high level of interpersonal skill is required, as the post-holder must effectively relate to people at all levels within Government and the community as a whole.
- A high degree of professionalism and ethics, and ability to remain politically neutral while executing responsibilities of the position and serving the Government of the day in a way that ensures confidence in public service is maintained.
Submit application form and resume to email@example.com for the attention of: Deputy Chief Officer (Administration), Government Administration Building, 133 Elgin Avenue, George Town.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 19TH APRIL 2021
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.