- Agency: University College
- Reference: R01182021
- Posted: 31-Mar-2021
- Closing Date: 15-Apr-2021
- Salary: CI$54,504 - CI$73,296
- Job Description
Department: President & CEOís Office
Post: Executive Assistant
Deadline: April 15, 2021
The Executive Assistant to the Presidentís Office is the principal aide to the President, providing specialized services and support on a broad range of matters of institutional importance. He or she assists in providing leadership and direction for initiatives, special projects, time or critically sensitive decisions. The Executive Assistant ensures that key ongoing projects are effectively designed, coordinated, managed, implemented, evaluated, and/or meet scheduled deliverables while maintaining effective relationships with key internal and external partners. The Executive Assistant works with senior University leadership, faculty and staff, board members, students and a wide range of external partners on a breadth of strategic, operational, political and organizational issues. Responsibilities include management of the Office of the President and oversight of the Presidentís calendar. The Office of the President is a dynamic and fast-paced environment; the successful candidate is flexible, discerning, and able to balance competing priorities and projects.
- Minimum Bachelorís degree and 3 to 5 of demonstrated progression reporting to and providing advanced administrative support to C-Suite or Senior Management; Masterís and university experience is preferred.
- Excellent skills in critical thinking, judgment and decision making.
- Talent for prioritizing multiple simultaneous demands effectively and quickly shifting priorities as necessary. Responds flexibly to change.
- Self-directed, dependable and detail oriented with high integrity, fairness and emotional maturity.
- Demonstrated experience in building trust-based relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Manages heavy and dynamic Presidential calendar, ensuring the President spends her time in accordance with her stated priorities, her role as CEO, and the needs of the University.
- Serves as primary point of contact for the President between University and community individuals for purpose of scheduling appointments, appearances, events, and document signatures.
- Develops appropriate communication between the President and internal and external constituencies.
- Tracks priorities for the President and manage progress to goals.
- Anticipates the needs of the President and provide the appropriate support and guidance to ensure the team is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Fosters productive and collaborative relationships internally and externally on behalf of the President.
- Serves on the planning committee for major Presidential events with external and VIP constituencies.
Applications include a cover letter and CV develop along with three (3) professional references. Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.