Accounts Officer I (Payable)
- Agency: Tourism
- Reference: R01152021
- Posted: 30-Mar-2021
- Closing Date: 13-Apr-2021
- Salary: CI$43,812 - CI$58,920
- Job Description
THE MINISTRY OF DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION, TOURISM, & TRANSPORT
The Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
invites applications for the following post:
Accounts Officer I (Payable)
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, this post will assist in maintaining a high degree of accuracy. To assist in the processing of the day-to-day financial activities of CIDOT. To perform all accounting activities promptly, to facilitate good quality, budgetary control in accordance with Financial Regulations (2018 Revision), the Public Management and Finance Law (2018 Revision).
Key responsibilities include but limited to the following:
- Process invoices against assigned expenditure line items outputs and project codes
- Check the accuracy of the imprest accounts for various overseas offices and submit the relevant documentation for replenishment of the same
- Maintain proper records of all payments submitted to the Ministry of District Administration, Tourism & Transport (Ministry of DATT) and follow up to ensure that payments are being processed in a timely manner
- Monitor all department purchase orders to ensure the clearing of purchase orders and that payments are being made promptly
- File accounting correspondence and documents to ensure easy access and retrieval
- Maintain and reconcile the department vendor statements with both local and overseas clients to maintain positive vendor/client relationships
- Prepare journals relating to imprest accounts for overseas offices
Applicants should possess the following education, experience, attributes and skills:
- Association of Accounting Technician or an Associate Degree in Accounting/Finance with 3-5 years minimum relevant experience in a busy accounting environment
- In the absence of a Degree, High School Graduates with four O'Level/CXC passes and 5-7 years work experience in an accounting related field may also apply; 3 of the 5 years work experience should have been in a financial office environment, which operates within predetermined deadlines and procedures
- Knowledge of International accounting standards and standard accounting practises followed within the CI Government, financial systems, and experience handling multi currencies
- Knowledge of the Public Management and Finance Law (2018 Revision) and Financial Regulations (2018 Revision).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential
- Experience in accounts payable within an organization that negotiates and interacts with multiple vendors and suppliers.
- Familiarity with Oracle financial systems would be an asset
CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE CRITERIA ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT A GOVERNMENT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME:
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 13TH APRIL 2021
Only those candidates short-listed will be contacted
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.