- Agency: Agriculture
- Reference: R0502021
- Posted: 19-Feb-2021
- Closing Date: 19-Mar-2021
- Salary: CI$54,504 - CI$73,296
- Job Description
Department of Agriculture
The Financial Administrator is to work collaboratively with the Ministryís central finance team to ensure that all accounting systems of the department are properly structured and that all financial related, day to day operations of the accounting section are managed in an efficient and effective manner.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelorís Degree in Accounting or Business Administration and four (4) years working experience in an office environment which operates on predetermined deadlines and procedures
- An Associateís Degree in Accounting or Business Administration and eight (8) years of relevant work experience in an accounting environment.
- Knowledge of the Public Management and Finance Law and the financial policies and procedures would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the International Public Sector Standards (IPSAS) financial reporting, and budgeting would be an asset.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office including advance Microsoft Excel Skills.
- Financial and management skills, with the ability to perform under pressure.
- Understanding of the Cayman Islands IRIS System and accounting system
- Procurement, Inventory and Fixed Asset experience.
- Proven ability to organize, analyse and manage work while maintaining confidentiality
Main duties and responsibilities
- To plan, organize, monitor & control the financial activities of the department in consultation with the HoD.
- To prepare in consultation with the HoD, the Annual Budget Statement and the Annual Plan & Estimates of expenditure & revenue for the department in accordance with Ministry guidelines and deadlines.
- To manage & maintain the fixed assets register on a monthly basis inclusive of new additions, disposals and retirements of the departmentís assets and prepare a summary report to advise management accordingly.
- To ensure that all accounting matters of the department are carried out in accordance with the PMFL, IPSAS, Ministry Finance procedures and IRIS standard procedures and any other approved internal financial control systems that will ensure efficient running of the departmentís financial activities
Preference will be given to qualified Caymanians and holders of Caymanian Status
Please submit your application form and resume via email to:
Department of Agriculture
#181 Lottery Rd
Grand Cayman, KY1-1106
Deadline for applications is: March 19th, 2021
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.