Senior Compliance Officer
- Agency: Ministry of Financial Services & Home Affairs
- Reference: R0482021
- Posted: 19-Feb-2021
- Closing Date: 08-Mar-2021
- Salary: CI$61,272 - CI$82,380
- Job Description
Senior Compliance Officer
The Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs is recruiting a highly analytical and organised individual to join the Department of General Registry. As a member of the Compliance team, you will contribute to the overall operation of the department in respect to compliance with the relevant Act, international standards, policies and procedures.
The function of the General Registry is to develop and implement policies and systems for all registers under its administration. This is to ensure continued and effective contribution to the Financial Services industry and the general public.
AS SENIOR COMPLIANCE OFFICER YOU WILL:
- Perform comprehensive due diligence checks on all applications to operate under the Non-Profit Organisations Act (NPOs) and any other relevant Acts.
- Conduct at least 20 internal reviews per day within guidelines provided and assist with any special investigations.
- Undertake review of decisions on applications to establish the extent of compliance with the provisions of the relevant Acts, policies, guidelines and ethical standards.
- Assist the Head of Compliance in the formulation of new policies and procedures as it relates to the management of risks and compliance.
DO YOU HAVE?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or a Finance related discipline.
- Compliance-related designation such as ACAMS, CFE, ICA or other relevant compliance qualifications.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ compliance experience including 3 years supervisory experience;
- Experience in identifying and mitigating Money Laundering, Financing of Terrorism and other financial crimes.
- Proficient in the Acts and regulations related to Ant-Money Laundering, Proceeds of Crime & Countering Terrorism Financing (‘AML& CFT’) relevant to the jurisdiction.
- Have a high degree of understanding in the use of core risk and compliance systems, processes and procedures; and
- Experience of evaluating the need for enforcement measures with the proven ability to make recommendations and support senior management in exercising enforcement functions.
The following are required submissions for the post:
COMPLETED CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
COVER LETTER and RESUME
COPIES OF RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS/QUALIFICATIONS
SUBMIT APPLICATION WITH REFERENCES TO:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs
133 Elgin Avenue, George Town, Grand Cayman
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 8TH, 2021
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.