Senior Business Analyst
- Agency: Ministry of Financial Services & Home Affairs
- Reference: R0462021
- Posted: 19-Feb-2021
- Closing Date: 12-Mar-2021
- Salary: CI$61,272 - CI$82,390
- Job Description
Senior Business Analyst
The Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs is recruiting a highly analytical and organised individual to join General Registry. As a member of General Registry team you will capture both business and IT requirements, document their operations and processes, and recommend solutions. This will be done in close collaboration with Computer services and with external vendors (where necessary)
The function of the General Registry is to develop and implement policies and systems for all registers under its administration .This is to ensure continued and effective contribution to the financial services industry and the general public.
AS COMPLIANCE OFFICER YOU WILL:
- Assist General Registry staff providing inputs to test planning and test execution. Participate in testing activities to ensure highest level of quality for products.
- Co-ordinate and manage system(s) access for the department and make recommendation as to who should have what access to which section of the system.
- Manage IT requests by ensuring that all request for assistance are handled promptly and effectively; ensure requests are properly logged in Computer Services’ problem logging system, assigned based on clients’ priority list and responded to in a timely manner and that solutions ae well documented for later reference.
- Translate business objectives and user needs into functional and content requirements for websites, intranets and business applications by coordinating with internal clients, Computer Services and external third parties.
DO YOU HAVE?
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a business or IT related field, plus a minimum of 5 years post graduate experience OR 8 year’s relevant experience and post High School education, if aptitude for business analysis and IT systems is evident.
- A thorough understanding of IT technologies including databases (preferably Oracle) and e-commerce.
- General knowledge of Oracle Forms/ JDeveloper, SQL, Object Oriented Design, UML Modelling, Relational Design, Function Hierarchy Diagrams, Business Use Cases, Business Process Modelling.
The following are required submissions for the post:
COMPLETED CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
COVER LETTER and RESUME
COPIES OF RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS/QUALIFICATIONS
SUBMIT APPLICATION WITH REFERENCES TO:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs
133 Elgin Avenue, George Town, Grand Cayman
12th March 2021
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.