- Agency: Agriculture
- Reference: R0392021
- Posted: 15-Feb-2021
- Closing Date: 12-Mar-2021
- Salary: CI$48,816 - CI$65,664
- Job Description
Department of Agriculture
We seek an experienced individual To function as part of a team responsible for improving the dissemination of information and to generate a high level of awareness and support regarding all aspects of the Department of Agriculture.
Knowledge & Experience
- An Associatesí degree or equivalent standard and a minimum of 7 years experience in disseminations of educational materials and public relations.
- The post holder must have an excellent working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Office applications including, Publisher, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to think critically but creatively
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems and social media platforms
- Knowledge in graphic production process.
Main duties and responsibilities
Seek opportunities to promote the Department of Agriculture through the implementation of an effective communications strategy.
- Preparation of a yearly Communications Plan for the Department of Agriculture.
- Provide modern artistic input and enhancement of publications, brochures, displays and other material used to educate the general public.
- Maintain and enhance all the educational and promotional features.
- Co-ordinate publicity events as required.
- Ensure that the departmentís website, customer and service forms are maintained and reviewed
- Co-ordinate the Annual Agricultural Shows,
Ensure that the public and staff have access to current and accurate information:
Routinely monitor the website to ensure information is current, accurate, relevant and interesting to its visitors and promptly report any technical problems to website developers. Assist with organizing special events, ceremonies, oral and visual presentations, workshops and press releases for the Department:
Press releases, drafts to be approved by the departmentís press officer (Assistant Director), prior to publishing.
Preference will be given to qualified Caymanians and holders of Caymanian Status
Please submit your application form and resume via email to:
Department of Agriculture
#181 Lottery Rd
Grand Cayman, KY1-1106
Deadline for applications is: March 12t, 2021
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.