Senior Labour & Pensions Inspector
- Agency: Department of Labour and Pensions
- Reference: R0372021
- Posted: 10-Feb-2021
- Closing Date: 26-Feb-2021
- Salary: CI$61,272 - CI$69,288
- Job Description
CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
MINISTRY OF EMPLOYMENT & BORDER CONTROL
Applications are invited for the post of:
SENIOR LABOUR & PENSIONS INSPECTOR
The post-holder will function as a senior officer in the DEPARTMENT OF LABOUR & PENSIONS (DLP), charged with the responsibility of effectively administering the Labour Law and the National Pensions Law in relation to Pensions Inspections, Health and Safety Inspections, and General Workplace Inspections so as to avoid and/or resolve incidents, disputes, accidents, conflicts, and occupational hazards or prepare the case for prosecution. This would entail the investigation of individual disputes of rights, offences, and non-compliance with the Law.
While the post holder may be cross-trained and assigned to any of the three operational units, in the first instance the post holder will be assigned to the Labour Investigations Unit and will have the primary responsibility for the investigation of individual disputes of rights, offences, and non-compliance with the Labour Law.
Education and/or Experience /Qualifications
The skills and attitudes required include:
- A Bachelorís Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Criminal Justice, Law or related field with a minimum of five to seven (5-7) yearsí work experience, at least three (3) of which should be relevant experience. An acceptable alternative to a Bachelorís degree would be a professional accounting designation or enrollment in a course of study leading to an accounting designation and an interest in Forensic Accounting.
- An in-depth knowledge of the Labour Law with an understanding of how it should be applied and in relation to other laws of the Cayman Islands is required.
- Investigative and evidence gathering experience to a standard required for prosecution in court is required.
- Understanding of the Labour Tribunal System and decision making process.
- A good working knowledge of the National Pensions Law.
- Specific experience, skills, and certification in at least one of the following areas: Law Enforcement, Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Labour/Occupational Safety and Health inspections, or Dispute resolution.
- An understanding of International Labour Standards, Occupational Safety and Health Standards, and other International Labour Standards, with an ability to offer guidance on how to apply these in different work environments.
- A working knowledge of Immigration Law, Health Insurance Law, National Pensions Law, Trade and Business Law, and Judicial System of the Cayman Islands.
Please submit completed Government Application Form and resume to:
Chief Human Resources Manager
Ministry of EMPLOYMENT & BORDER CONTROL
5th Floor, Government Administration Building
PO Box 111 Grand Cayman KY1-9000, CAYMAN ISLANDS
Deadline for receipt of applications: 26 FEBRUARY, 2021
(NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED)
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.