- Agency: Economics and Statistics Office
- Reference: R0382021
- Posted: 15-Feb-2021
- Closing Date: 02-Mar-2021
- Salary: CI$101,436 - CI$136,428
- Job Description
CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
MINISTRY OF FINANCE & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
invites applications for the following position:
ECONOMICS & STATISTICS OFFICE
The post holder will provide strategic and operational management of the Economics and Statistics Office in developing and implementing the following:
- A comprehensive programme of economic monitoring, analysis, forecasting and reporting;
- A relevant and timely programme of statistical information and services to the Government and the public in accordance with the Statistics Law (2016 Revision);
- Policy advice to the Government on all matters of macroeconomic development; and
- Policy and technical advice to government departments and committees on statistical matters.
He/she will coordinate and manage a development programme for the Islandsí national statistical system in accordance with the Statistics Law (2016 Revision) as chair of the National Statistics Coordination Committee; and
Coordinate and manage the participation of the Cayman Islands in the CARICOM Statistics Programme, other regional bodies and international organizations.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- A Masterís degree in Economics, Statistics or a related discipline;
- At least 15 yearsí in macroeconomic policy analysis and forecasting either at the national, regional or international levels, or at least 15 years of working experience in a statistical office of which:
- 7 years at senior management level (Head or Deputy Head of an official economics or statistical office); OR
- 4 years senior management level (Head or Deputy Head of an official economics or statistical office) plus 5 years middle management level (Senior Economist or Senior Statistician);
- Excellent broad working knowledge of statistical development and compilation or analysis of social statistics (labour force surveys and consumer price index), balance of payments and national accounts. Familiarity with the International Monetary Fundís macroeconomic programming approach will be an asset;
- Strong strategic planning and management skills;
- Analytical, writing and presentation skills; decision-making ability; familiarity with word-processing, spreadsheet applications, and forecasting software; excellent organizational and supervisory skills; and ability to communicate effectively with people at different levels, including those without an Economics background.
PLEASE SUBMIT GOVERNMENT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resources Manager
Ministry of Finance & Economic Development
3rd Floor, Government Administration Building
Grand Cayman, KY1-9000
Deadline For Receipt Of Applications: 2nd March 2021
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.