Accounts Officer III (Accounts Payable)
- Agency: Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands
- Reference: V0132021
- Posted: 29-Jan-2021
- Closing Date: 26-Feb-2021
- Salary: CI$35,880 - CI$48,288
- Job Description
We seek an experienced individual to join the Department of Agriculture Account’s Unit. To provide support and assist the Financial Administrator he/she will ensure that all the Department’s customers (Internal & External) are assisted accurately and in a timely manner.
Knowledge & Experience:
- The post holder must be a high school graduate with 3 to 5 O-level passes inclusive of English, Maths, and Accounts
- Must possess at least 1-3 years’ work experience in an accounting environment
- A sound working knowledge of Oracle’s Integrated Resource Information System (IRIS)Application- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable & Purchase Orders would be an asset
- Must possess good confidentiality skills
- Must possess the ability to effectively use automated office equipment
- Proficient knowledge of computer applications e.g. Microsoft Excel and Word
- A good understanding of the Public Management and Finance Law and Regulations would be an asset
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Process invoices, reimbursements & submit (travel advances) against votes for payment in a timely manner.
- Assist with processing the bi-weekly payroll for Wage earners
- Create purchase orders when required & forward to the IRIS hierarchy
- Update and maintain records & files as required by the Financial Administrator
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Financial Administrator, Assistant Director and/or Director of Agriculture
Preference will be given to qualified Caymanians and holders of Caymanian Status.
Please submit your application form and resume via email to:
Department of Agriculture
#181 Lottery Rd
Grand Cayman, KY1-1106
Deadline for applications is: February 26th 2021
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.