Therapist (Community Based)
- Agency: Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture & Housing
- Reference: R0042021
- Posted: 08-Jan-2021
- Closing Date: 25-Jan-2021
- Salary: CI$61,272 - CI$67,608
- Job Description
Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture and Housing
The Department of Counselling Services is seeking to fill the following vacancy:
THERAPIST (COMMUNITY BASED)
offers commensurate with education and years of experience
The post holder will be required to provide trauma informed care and evidence based therapeutic practices in the community to families, couples, and individuals (including children, adolescents, adults and older adults) resident in the Cayman Islands, including Cayman Brac.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide evidence based, trauma informed assessments, to all individuals who present for services.
- Provide on call crisis management services to high risk client situations.
- Conduct individual sessions with clients, which can include sessions with family members and significant others to assist clients to establish and accomplish their treatment goals.
- Develop, in conjunction with clients, individualised treatment plans and evaluate on an ongoing basis progress of client toward achieving stated goals.
- Facilitate and provide trauma informed and evidence based couple, family therapeutic treatment services.
- Facilitate specialised treatment groups.
- Provide clinical monitoring and direction to Counsellors to assist in the development of their skills and experience.
- Maintain confidential and up to date client records on all counselling matters.
- Complete relevant client file documentation and preparing reports to assist with monitoring the progress of clients.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
The successful applicant should possess the following:
- Possess the minimum of a Masterís degree in a Social Science: Counselling, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or the equivalent discipline.
- Evidence of (or eligibility for) licensure, certification or registration with regulatory body with specification to practice as a psychotherapist within the current jurisdiction of practice or training.
- 3-5 years of experience working as a specialized therapist with individuals, couples, groups, and families.
- Experience working with mandated clients is considered an asset.
- Evidence of integrative counselling skills and knowledge of trauma informed care.
- Experience working with co-occurring disorders is considered an asset.
- Cross cultural experience would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Windows & Microsoft Office.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER, APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Department of Counselling Services
2nd Floor, Apollo House West
P.O. Box 10142
Grand Cayman KY1-1002
Or by Email: DCSRecruitment@gov.ky
Application Deadline: 25 JANUARY 2021
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.