- Agency: Fire Services
- Reference: R0032021
- Posted: 07-Jan-2021
- Closing Date: 25-Jan-2021
- Salary: CI$70,224 - CI$94,440
- Job Description
The Fire Service is currently seeking an intrinsically motivated, organized, and innovative Fleet Manager, who is a change agent, can lead diverse groups of people and thrives working in teams. The Fleet Manager will be responsible for our modernizing fleet of specialized fire trucks – which includes 19 fire trucks, 6 rescue water crafts, 14 support vehicles and several appliances of varying sizes.
As Fleet Manager you will:
- Utilize strong industry knowledge and technical skills to problem solve to ensure that the fleet is in the best possible working order to ensure first line responders can safely carry out their duties in the community.
- Manage $250,000 in technical labour assignments annually for more than 100 highly specialised and complex fire apparatuses and pieces of rescue equipment.
- Monitor, supervise and performance manage the activities of up to seven (7) technical support staff across all three islands.
- Devise and manage a maintenance plan for twenty (20) to thirty (30) specialized emergency response vehicles as well as 100 plus small pieces of emergency lifesaving equipment.
- Provide the DCFO-Administration with weekly performance reports on fleet activities and fleet operations so that work can be monitored and issues addressed effectively.
- Maintain an inventory of frequently used resources to minimize down time of vehicles and equipment.
- Research and apply current technological changes within the fleet maintenance program, including a fleet replacement plan and provision of technical advice leading to disposals of various units of obsolete fleet vehicles and equipment as well as acquisition of major assets for CIFS annually.
Do you have the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Technology, Emergency Vehicle Repairs Certification (EVT) or Emergency vehicle training per manufacturer, with 7 – 10 years practical experience in large fleet.
- OR an Associate Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Technology, Emergency Vehicle Repairs (EVT), OR Emergency vehicle training per manufacturer with 10 – 15 years practical experience in large fleet maintenance.
- A Group 4 Driver’s License with a clean driving record and proven experience in large apparatus/equipment operations.
- An acute understanding of business principles and practices involving procurement, utilization, and disposal of fleet at senior supervisory level.
- Proven oral and written communication skills in addition to use of Microsoft Officer Suite and Fleet Management Software.
The following are required submissions for the post:
- Completed CI Government Employment Application Form
- Cover Letter & Resume
- Relevant certificates and proof of qualifications
Chief Human Resources Officer
Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs
133 Elgin Avenue
George Town, Grand Cayman
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MONDAY, 25TH JANUARY 2021
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.