Library Systems Assistant
- Agency: Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands
- Reference: R03202021
- Posted: 07-Jan-2021
- Closing Date: 21-Jan-2021
- Salary: CI$39,612 - CI$53,244
- Job Description
Ministry of Education, Youth, Sport, Agriculture & Lands
Library Systems Assistant
To provide high quality, professional customer service that enables the public to access the full range of services provided by the public library system and, in support of the Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture And Lands (MEYSAL) strategic goals, to improve the quality of life for the residents of the Cayman Islands through information access, education and recreation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide face-to-face customer service to support the information access and educational needs of customers.
- Plan, coordinate and/or implement library programs to support the recreational, educational and information access needs of customers including, but not limited to: Ready-to-Read Pre-K Programs, Basic Technology Skills Training Programs; Classroom Visits-Literacy instruction in coordination with building manager or library system administration.
- Liaises with management to ensure the functionality of all of CIPLís system technology including public access computers, staff computers, copier/printers and other peripheral devices to ensure customers can access and use information. This includes site visits and troubleshooting.
Required qualifications, experience and skills:
- Associate Degree in a related IT subject and 2 years relevant experience OR demonstrate the competencies for the role through broad experience in a similar work environment and a commitment to complete an Associate Degree within four years.
- Must successfully pass the Cayman Islands Government Clerical/Executive Officer Skills Test.
- Highly computer literate with a high level Microsoft Office suite proficiency, Internet search knowledge and capability and a fundamental understanding of databases. Strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills for complex applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people with varying levels of computer skills, as well as the ability to make technology understandable to the library community.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong customer service approach; and the ability to deal with the full spectrum of the community including clients who may be upset or angry in a reassuring, calming and professional manner.
- Be comfortable with high volume routine workloads, with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Must be flexible with respect to location assignments, shift requirements and work assignment areas.
- Be self-directed and have a strong work ethic.
- Clean driving license as site visits are necessary.
- Experience working in a library
- Experience working with youth
- Customer service training and/or experience
- Experience operating a Library Management System (Atriuum, ebooks, Libdata etc).
Please submit your application form and resume via email to: email@example.com or by mail to
Deadline for applications is: 11:59PM, 21 January 2021
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.