- Agency: Ministry of Employment & Border Control
- Reference: R0022021
- Posted: 05-Jan-2021
- Closing Date: 22-Jan-2021
- Salary: CI$70,224 - CI$94,440
- Job Description
CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
MINISTRY OF EMPLOYMENT & BORDER CONTROL
Applications are invited for the post of:
The post holder is responsible for providing effective and efficient project management support to the Senior Management Team and Senior Project Manager, in order to assist them in delivering on their delegated responsibilities in designated areas. The remit for this role spans across all departments and entities under the remit of the Ministry of Employment & Border Control.
Education and/or Experience /Qualifications :
The post holder must possess:
- Formal training in Project Management; Project Management Certification would be preferable.
- A Bachelorís Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Policy or other relevant discipline with minimum of five (5) years proven project management experience.
The post holder will also be required to demonstrate, in part:
- Understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques.
- Proficient with MS Project, Excel, Visio, Powerpoint with experience presenting to stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and research skills, with the ability to collect and analyze complex material and data, and present it in accessible forms.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to produce clear, focused and comprehensible documents for various audiences and purposes.
- The highest level of verbal communication skills and the ability to interpret and explain purpose and vision and provide advice and assistance to a range of audiences. Confident public speaking ability, including the ability to persuade, influence and motivate others is essential.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage and deliver on schedule several projects at once, and the ability to manage external consultants engaged to deliver projects. The ability to foster cooperative working and learning relationships with internal and external partners to meet shared objectives.
- The ability to make appropriate decisions independently and work with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs.
- The ability to work cooperatively in teams, with different kinds of people, contributing to team decisions and maintaining team relationships by supporting others.
- Proficiency in the full suite of Microsoft Office, and the ability/affinity to learn new technology applications.
Please submit completed Government Application Form and, resume to:
Chief Human Resources Manager
Ministry of EMPLOYMENT & BORDER CONTROL
P.O. Box 111
5th Floor, Government Administration Building
Grand Cayman KY1-9000, CAYMAN ISLANDS
Deadline for receipt of applications: 22 JANUARY, 2021
(NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED)
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.