- Agency: Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands
- Reference: R02982020
- Posted: 13-Dec-2020
- Closing Date: 29-Jan-2021
- Salary: CI$60,168 - CI$63,216
- Job Description
The Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands invites applications for the following education roles within the Government school system for 2021/22 academic years commencing August 2021
To post holder will teach primary age children by providing a stimulating learning environment that promotes their physical, emotional, intellectual, social, spiritual, cultural, creative and moral development and maximizes the achievement of all students.
Required qualifications, experience & special skills include the following:
- Applicant must have Bachelorís Degree in a relevant subject and an Early Years Teaching Qualification from a relevant subject from a recognized institution
- A Masterís degree in Education (or equivalent level education specialism) would be an asset Formal teacher training/qualification as specified in the Department of Education Services policy on Teacher Qualifications
- Minimum of two yearsí post qualification, professional experience in a similar post with a demonstrated track record of successful teaching and learning of students with a wide range of abilities and needs from diverse backgrounds
- Prior experience of teaching in a child-centred learning environment with an emphasis on an activity-based approach with differentiation for individual abilities is essential
- **Proven ability to effectively integrate literacy, numeracy and ICT; evidence of ICT skills sufficient to support integration of ICT in the classroom is required.
Please send your completed Government Application Form, Supplementary Form (teaching post only) and Cover Letter only via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: January 29th 2021
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.