Senior Manager- Finance
- Agency: Public Works
- Reference: PWD/012/20
- Posted: 18-Nov-2020
- Closing Date: 05-Dec-2020
- Salary: CI$79,656 - CI$107, 148
- Job Description
The Public Works Department invites applications for the following position:
Senior Manager - Finance
The Senior Manager- Finance will provide management and leadership in the financial function of the Public Works Department (PWD) and ensure compliance with the requirements of the current Public Management and Finance Law and Regulations, as well as any other applicable legislation and guidelines.† The post holder is the principal financial advisor to the Director and has the overall responsibility for the accounts payable, purchasing, stores and accounts receivable units with the department.
He/She will be responsible for:
- The management and preparation of the departmentís budget;† prepares and reviews the financial statement, financial reports, special analyses and information reports which summaries and forecast the departmentís activity and financial position in areas of income, expense, cash† flow and projected expenditure.
- Providing financial advice to all levels of management throughout PWD as required.
- Coordinating the monthly, quarterly and annual reports for presentation to the Ministry.
- Conducting internal audit function on PWD procurements and transactions to ensure these are carried out in accordance with PWD policies and procedures and relevant laws and regulations.
- The preparation of all journal entries, accruals, and analyses on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring all work orders are properly accounted for and all support documentation is accurate and in order with accrual accounting.
- Provides direction and oversight to the stores unit. Inclusive of but not limited to; reviewing stock count reports, approving and supporting strategies for disposal, recycling or resale of obsolete fixtures
- The supervision of nine employees and provides supervision, work direction and coaching of staff within the Unit.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience Ė Post holder must possess a Bachelorís degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and possess a professional accounting qualification (CPA/ACCA/CA or similar qualification).† He/She must have a minimum of eight (8) years post qualification experience working in a relevant field with five (5) years of senior management experience.† Post holder must have a thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting & financial principles, proven working knowledge of accrual accounting, good understanding of the Public Management and Finance Law & Regulations and inventory auditing.† He/she should be proficient in financial accounting systems, windows & Microsoft Office suite as well as the ability to analyze, interpret and report on financial information.††† He/she must have excellent oral and written communication skills, possess a current driverís license and have supervisory experience.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified and experienced Caymanians
PLEASE SUBMIT OFFICIAL APPLICATION FORM, RESUME AND COVERING LETTER TO:
Human Resource Manager
Public Works Department
P.O. Box 10505
Grand Cayman KY1-1005
Fax: (345) 949-7731
or Email: PWDREcruitment@gov.ky
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 5, 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.