- Agency: Office of Education Standards
- Reference: V023/20
- Posted: 17-Nov-2020
- Closing Date: 01-Dec-2020
- Salary: CI$70,224 - CI$94,440
- Job Description
We are seeking Senior Inspectors for the Office of Education Standards
School Inspections in the Cayman Islands.
The Office of Education Standards (OES) is the government department responsible for the evaluation of all educational settings across the Cayman Islands. Joining OES at this time provides a unique and exciting opportunity to support the ongoing improvements to education offered in our early years centres and schools, both public and private.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
We want to hear from you if you meet all of the criteria below:
- You are a qualified international school inspector with substantial experience in leading external inspections of primary and secondary schools and early years’ settings. This may be in the context of government inspections (Ofsted/HMI) or with a recognised accreditation body.
- You are a qualified teacher with a minimum of seven years successful teaching experience with at least five years in a senior management position
- Successful leadership experience working within a local authority or similar cross-school role.
- You are highly analytical with excellent ICT, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Experience of working in a range of international settings would be an advantage
Remuneration and Benefits
Salaries are offered without deductions. The Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and health insurance for employees and their dependents. To assist with relocation you will receive an interest free settlement loan within the first week of your arrival equivalent to one month’s salary, moving expenses for personal belongings and hotel accommodation for 7 nights.
A completed application along with your cover letter, quoting Ref#:V023/20 should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st December 2020.
And most importantly, you are committed to ensuring that the Office of Education Standards offers a world class inspection service, thereby improving education standards for students of all ages across the Cayman Islands.
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.