Senior Policy Analyst
- Agency: Ministry of Financial Services & Home Affairs
- Reference: R02662020
- Posted: 13-Nov-2020
- Closing Date: 30-Nov-2020
- Salary: CI$90,132 - CI$107,148
- Job Description
Senior Policy Analyst
The Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs is recruiting a knowledgeable and experienced professional who is selfmotivated and detail oriented to join our Team. The role of Senior Policy Analyst will contribute directly to the strategic development, implementation and monitoring of complex policies related to public safety, offender management and rehabilitation, and disaster management.
AS SENIOR POLICY ANALYST YOU WILL:
- Provide strategic policy advice, recommendations and support to the Deputy Chief Officer (Home Affairs) and Chief Officer and undertake policy research, analysis, development and implementation activities in relation to the same for Home Affairs and its agencies.
- Undertake research and critical analysis to inform advice provided to the Deputy Chief Officer and Chief Officer on opportunities to improve existing policies, legislation and initiatives, or introduce new ones, to enhance the work of Home Affairs and its departments.
- Employ a holistic and consultative approach in research and analysis so that the policy advice provided is informed by stakeholder feedback and considers inter-departmental, inter-Ministerial and cross-sectoral opportunities and implications.
- Assist the Deputy Chief Officer (Home Affairs) with the research, drafting and editing of papers for Caucus and Cabinet, press releases, speeches and statements for the Minister, responses to Private Memberís Motions and Parliamentary Questions, Ministerís speaking notes for press conferences and press briefings as well as Caucus and Finance Committee, the Ministryís Annual Report, the Ministerís introduction of Bills, tabling of the Annual Report of the Ministry and the Departments, and any other material that the Minister may require for the business of the Legislative Assembly or otherwise.
DO YOU HAVE?
- A Masterís Degree in a Social Science, Criminology/ Criminal Justice, Law or a related field and a minimum of 8 years post graduate experience in developing, designing, implementing and evaluating/monitoring policies and strategies.
- Experience conducting complex policy research and analysis, as well as engaging with internal and external stakeholders at various levels.
- An in-depth and up-to-date working knowledge of current Home Affairs matters, specifically related to public safety, national security, offender management & rehabilitation, and disaster management.
- Previous public service experience and demonstrated ability to achieve the Civil Serviceís Core Competencies - building capability, working together and delivering results at the individual contributor level.
The following are required submissions for the post:
- COMPLETED CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
- COVER LETTER and RESUME
- COPIES OF RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS/ QUALIFICATIONS
SUBMIT APPLICATION BY MONDAY 30th NOVEMBER, 2020 To:
Chief Human Resources Officer Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs 133 Elgin Avenue George Town, Grand Cayman Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.