- Agency: Office of Director of Public Prosecutions
- Reference: R02642020
- Posted: 13-Nov-2020
- Closing Date: 04-Dec-2020
- Salary: CI$54,504 - CI$73,296
- Job Description
The Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, Cayman Islands Government, is currently inviting applications for the following post:
The Paralegal Officer will be responsible for providing legal and administrative support to prosecuting lawyers within the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- assisting with gathering, analysing and researching case-related information;
- assisting with case preparation/case management (court bundles, disclosure, general correspondence);
- undertaking legal research and preparing draft advice; and
- liaising with outside stakeholders (Law Enforcement Agencies, Judicial Administration, Defence Attorneys).
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Applicants for this position should hold a Bachelor of Laws Degree or an advanced paralegal certificate from a recognised University or College. Applicants must also:
- possess a minimum of three (3) years of work experience in a legal office or department – criminal law experience is preferred;
- have a good working knowledge of Cayman Islands legislation and the legal system;
- be able to conduct thorough research, involving laws, textbooks, and other legal resources such as Westlaw and Justis;
- be able to type (minimum of 40 words per minute), and utilise Microsoft Office (including spreadsheets) and Adobe software;
- be able to exercise independent judgement, maintain complete confidentiality and work effectively under pressure/meet deadlines; and
- possess excellent organisational and oral and written communication skills.
Please submit your Government Application Form, as well as a cover letter, résumé or curriculum vitae to: Mark Harrison, HR Manager, Portfolio of Legal Affairs, 4th Floor, Government Administration Building, 133 Elgin Avenue, P.O. Box 136, Grand Cayman, KY1-9000. Telephone: 1 345 244 2336. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday 4th December, 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.