Director of Communications
- Agency: Cabinet
- Reference: R02672020
- Posted: 12-Nov-2020
- Closing Date: 14-Dec-2020
- Salary: CI$121,212 - CI$155,148
- Job Description
The CI Government invites applications for the following position in the Cabinet Office Portfolio
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
The successful applicant will report to the Cabinet Secretary and will manage the Cayman Islands Government’s reputation, ensure audience engagement with government priorities and direct the continuous improvement of public service communications so as to provide a world class communications service. The successful applicant will be expected to take up the post mid-May 2021.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Developing and leading the delivery of a whole of government communications strategy that enhances the Cayman Islands Government reputation and connects audiences with government policy and operations to improve the lives of those we serve. The post holder will drive the continuous improvement of channels and content, processes and people based on audience insight and preference to ensure effective engagement with government priorities. The post holder is the Head of Profession for all civil service communicators, and works closely with senior and executive management across government
- Postgraduate qualification in communications, marketing, public relations or similar related field preferred, however a bachelor’s degree in a similar field is essential.
- Minimum of six (6) years’ experience working at a senior level within a government framework.
- Must demonstrate past success developing and implementing compelling communication and public affairs strategies in a complex organization to enable and drive organizational objectives and priorities.
- A proven track record of providing clear balanced advice and professional leadership at Board and/or senior management level on a wide range of strategic, operational, sensitive and complex communications issues.
- A successful track record of developing high performing teams, leading, managing and motivating others, especially during periods of change, and a record of re-invigorating and driving continuous improvement within the communications function.
- Experience of successful management of internal communications and support of employee engagement, and effective contribution in support of organizational change.
- Experience of using effective communication and engagement techniques in respect of media relations, public affairs, reputation management, corporate communications, branding and marketing.
- Evidence of highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills with a demonstrable ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders up to the Ministerial level.
- Evidence of clear understanding of and application of Government Communications Standards.
- The post holder must be a mature, experienced and fully capable professional with extensive knowledge of Government communications.
Please submit an application form and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of: Deputy Chief Officer (Administration), Cabinet Office, Government Administration Building, 133 Elgin Avenue, George Town.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 14 December, 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.