- Agency: Ministry of Financial Services & Home Affairs
- Reference: R02582020
- Posted: 13-Nov-2020
- Closing Date: 30-Nov-2020
- Salary: CI$48,816 - CI$65,664
- Job Description
The Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs is recruiting a highly meticulous, knowledgeable and experienced individual to join the Team. The role of Office Manager is to provide corporate services within the Ministry, to ensure administrative support structures are in place which maximizes the ability of staff to concentrate on the core business of the agency.
AS OFFICE MANAGER YOU WILL:
- Contribute as an effective team member to the planning and/or implementation of administrative and Ministry activities, and do so in a manner that is supportive and encourages team work and collaboration, as well as attend and actively participate in staff meetings and the performance management process.
- Maintain optimal levels of office supplies and manage the budget allocation, including sourcing adequate stocks of stationery, ink for printers, pens pencils, etc., and kitchen supplies.
- Provide administrative support to Ministry team members, which may include reproduction of documents, scheduling appointments, drafting letters and/or any other administrative tasks as necessary.
- Serve as the Personal Assistant to the Minister (as required), Chief Officer and his deputies, providing support through various administrative tasks.
- Act as the Ministry’s Records Officer ensuring the effective and appropriate management of the Ministry’s records from their creation to their eventual disposal.
- Act as the Information Manager, developing and implementing procedures and systems that enable the Ministry to respond efficiently and lawfully to applications for access to information in line with the Freedom of Information Law, (2018 revision).
- Manage the external customer complaints process, developing and implementing procedures and systems that enable the Ministry to respond efficiently and compliantly to the complaints; and managing and resolving complaints.
DO YOU HAVE?
- A Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or other relevant field with 2 – 3 years relevant experience or an Associate Degree with 5 years’ relevant work experience.
- A strong academic record and able to demonstrate capacity to apply studies to fulfil the functions of the role.
- Commitment and aptitude for learning and further development, and an interest in developing credible work experience in a professional, service-based, high-paced and high-challenge environment, within the context of a small and supportive team.
- Working knowledge of Freedom of Information Law, Data Protection Law, National Archive and Public Records Law (preferred).
- Previous public service experience and demonstrate the Civil Service Core Competencies of building capability, working together and delivering results at the individual contributor level, as well as a High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strengths in the areas of administration, customer service, and the organization, planning and prioritization of work.
- Strong relationship management skills and are comfortable and effective when liaising with staff at all levels, and demonstrate excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
The following are required submissions for the post:
- COMPLETED CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
- COVER LETTER and RESUME
- COPIES OF RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS/ QUALIFICATIONS
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs
133 Elgin Avenue George Town, Grand Cayman
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: MONDAY, 30th November 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.