Intake & Administrative Officer
- Agency: Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture & Housing
- Reference: R0237
- Posted: 16-Oct-2020
- Closing Date: 01-Nov-2020
- Salary: CI$43,812 - CI$50,784
- Job Description
Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture and Housing
The Department of Counselling Services is seeking to fill the following vacancy:
Intake & Administrative Officer
The Intake & Administrative Officer is responsible for performing screenings, intake, referrals and case coordination for clients who present for services. As the first point of contact with the clients, the post holder is required to handle a high volume of public and professional inquiries. The Intake & Administrative Officer is responsible to provide superior internal and external customer service.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Conduct in-person interviews with clients who present for services at Intake;
- Collect demographic information and enter data into the Case Management System;
- Complete pre-screening/pre-assessment tool with client and document information in Case Management System;
- Identify client needs during initial contact and determine appropriateness for services provided by the agency;
- Provide support during Crisis Intervention.
- Compile statistics and prepare reports;
- Conduct follow-up surveys with clients who have completed treatment services.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
The successful applicant should possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice or other Human Services field; Alternatively an Associate’s degree or Certificate in Community Care and Counselling, Community Work or a related human service certificate in combination with a least five years’ experience interacting with clients in a human service setting may be considered to meet the educational requirements.
- Record keeping experience;
- Prior experience working in a setting that requires a high degree of confidentiality;
- Ability to exhibit sound judgement and problem solving skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi task;
- Ability to deal effectively and professional in stressful situations and with a high volume of public and professional inquiries;
- Compassion and patience in order to appropriately interact with clients during moments of trauma or crisis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to effectively communicate with clients, their families, as well as other professionals;
- Good typing and computer skills in order to carry out the duties efficiently and effectively;
- Ability to work flexible schedule to meet clients or agency needs, including Good typing and computer skills in order to carry out the duties efficiently and effectively;
- evenings or after hours when needed;
- Ability to develop good working relationships with partner agencies;
- Superior customer service orientation.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER, APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Department of Counselling Services
3rd Floor, Apollo House West
P.O. Box 10142
Grand Cayman KY1-1002
Or by Email: DCSRecruitment@gov.ky
Closing Deadline for Applications: 1 NOVEMBER 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.