Human Resources Management Advisor
- Agency: Portfolio of the Civil Service
- Reference: V021/20
- Posted: 16-Oct-2020
- Closing Date: 09-Nov-2020
- Salary: CI$79,656 - CI$107,148
- Job Description
PORTFOLIO OF THE CIVIL SERVICE
We are currently inviting applications for the post of:
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT ADVISOR
We are seeking an experienced professional, with creativity, drive and proven performance to take on a wide-ranging role, working both independently and with other members of our team. This Portfolio is full of motivated people who are working to enhance Human Resources and management performance in the Civil Service.
The post holder will provide management support, strategic HR advice, executive recruitment and capability development across Government. He/she will also contribute to the delivery of a programme of high quality HR services to Civil Service clients.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic and advisory HR services to the Portfolio and its clients.
- Provide management support and policy advice to clients on all Human Resources related issues.
- Oversee performance management issues including the development of professional development plans.
- Provide technical support and advice to the Chief Officer (PoCS), in the provision of HR services to the Deputy Governor.
- Provide guidance and direction to Managers on succession planning, performance management and disciplinary matters.
Knowledge/Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
Ideal candidates should possess a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Communications or other related field. Professional HR Certification or equivalent is required. At least 15 years of progressive HR generalist responsibilities, with at least 5 years at the executive management level. Applicants should also have knowledge of current HR trends and practices, and have knowledge of managerial principles, especially change management. A good working knowledge of the Cayman Islands Government structure, procedures and operations is desirable.
- Ability to articulate and promote the Portfolio’s strategic positions, including its core values to fellow team members.
- Strong consultation, negotiation and problem-solving skills, with an ability to motivate and develop employees.
- Ability to influence behaviour of superiors and subordinates as part of the change management process.
- Strong customer-service orientation and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to interpret and apply relevant laws and regulations.
- Hands-on experience and strengths in a range of human resource disciplines (e.g. recruitment and selection, training, performance development, compensation and recognition, employee and labour relations and retention and terminations.
- Ability to objectively and critically assess systems and then devise and implement strategic and operational plans to address identified issues.
- Must be able to work with a high degree of professionalism, minimal supervision and to manage several projects simultaneously, with appreciation for the sensitivity of advice and client confidentiality.
The post holder will be expected to demonstrate the CIG core competencies of building capability, working together and delivering results. Please see attached JD for full details.
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application form and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Quoting Ref#: V021/20
Application deadline: 9th November 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.