Junior ICT Administrator
- Agency: Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands
- Reference: R02382020
- Posted: 16-Oct-2020
- Closing Date: 30-Oct-2020
- Salary: CI$35,880 - CI$48,288
Ministry of Education,Youth,Sports,Agriculture & Lands
Cayman Islands Government
invites applications for the following post:
Junior ICT Administrator
The post-holder will work in a team of Information Technology professionals who are responsible for providing the highest professional standard of computer hardware and software support, troubleshooting, as well as installing and maintaining computer equipment and peripherals.
The post-holders primary responsibilities are ICT customer service, troubleshooting; and other related technical tasks within the Cayman Islands Government public school system. Additionally, the post-holder along with the Ministry of Educationís ICT Unit will deliver fast, efficient, effective and varied technical services to school administrators, staff and students in the areas of computer hardware, software and peripheral device support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide prompt and effective technical services in response to all helpdesk requests from school administrators, staff and students for assistance with computer hardware, software and peripheral device troubleshooting and maintenance as well as new hardware and software deployment.
- Perform corrective maintenance of damaged and malfunctioning computer and communications hardware and peripheral hardware.
- Maintaining inventory control, asset management, records control and other delegated tasks.
- Assist senior members of the Ministry of Education ICT Unit in the execution of technical and admin support tasks as necessary.
- Actively pursue on the job learning, to grasp the multitude of technology being utilised by the Cayman Islands Government Education Network and pursue professional development offered by the civil service.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- High school diploma with a minimum of three (3) CXC passes including Math and English and have a keen interest in technical IT support
- Relevant work experience of a minimum of two (2) years in formal IT support in an organisation, customer service experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge & skills in IT deployment, support & troubleshooting the following: Windows 10 & MacOS Operating Systems, Microsoft Office 2019 & Microsoft 365 Productivity Suites, computer hardware, software & peripherals.
- A valid driving license (copy must be submitted with application)
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents.
A pre-employment drug screen and a Police Records check are conditions of employment.
Please send your completed Government Application Form, resume, and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Friday, 30th October 2020 11:59PM
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.