Senior Policy Officer
- Agency: Ministry of Commerce, Planning and Infrastructure
- Reference: R02332020
- Posted: 16-Oct-2020
- Closing Date: 02-Nov-2020
- Salary: CI$70,224 - CI$94,440
- Job Description
Ministry of Commerce, Planning & Infrastructure
Senior Policy Officer
The Senior Policy Officer will be directly accountable to the Chief Officer and Deputy Chief Officer for carrying out the Ministryís responsibilities for the departments and subjects that form part of the overall Ministryís ambit.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Excellent analytical thinking.
- A good understanding of contract documentation and strong negotiating skills.
- A good working knowledge of the Governmentís organization, procedures and operations would enhance the post holderís initial effectiveness.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is essential.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability in being able to instigate, develop and implement policy initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to serve in various liaison roles.
- Ability to represent the Chief Officer and the Deputy Chief Officer at local forums on occasion.
- Ability to deal with public inquires and handle irate callers in a tactful manner.
The post-holder should have a sound tertiary education with a Bachelorís degree in Business Administration, Public Policy/Administration or a technical degree that includes Valuation and Architecture, combined with at least five (5) years administrative and policy working experience at middle management level (eg. Assistant Head of Department). A Masterís degree in a similar field would be a plus. Experience in handling complex and technical matters is highly advantageous.
The post-holder must have:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, analyze and prepare memoranda, position and policy papers, reports, speeches, Cabinet submissions and answers to Parliamentary Questions.
- Consult with the HODs and their staff to provide guidance, assistance, and/or information to the Department, statutory bodies and associated committees.
- Investigate and promptly inform the Chief Officer / Deputy Chief Officer on current developments and issues requiring direction.
- Assist the Deputy Chief Officer in monitoring and advise on legal matters pertaining to the assigned subjects and to general initiatives of the ministry.
Please submit your application form and resume via email to: CPIrecruitment@gov.ky
Chief HR Officer,
Ministry of Commerce, Planning & Infrastructure,
5th floor Government Administration Building,
133 Elgin Avenue
George Town, Grand Cayman KY1-9000
Deadline for applications is: November 2nd, 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.