- Agency: Portfolio of Legal Affairs
- Reference: R02342020
- Posted: 13-Oct-2020
- Closing Date: 02-Nov-2020
- Salary: $39,612 - $53,244
- Job Description
CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
The Cayman Islands Government is currently inviting applications for the following post within the Portfolio of Legal Affairs:
Reporting to the Solicitor General and the Personal Assistant to the Solicitor General, the Legal Secretary will be responsible for providing specialist legal and administrative support to the civil team in litigation and advisory matters.
Key responsibilities will include inputting/updating the civil file management database, preparing a variety of legal documents (including memorandums, submissions, contracts and court documents), preparing discovery lists, and compiling hearing bundles for civil litigation. The Legal Secretary will also be reviewing legal publications, undertaking legal database searches, assisting Counsel in collecting records/materials, preparing minutes for meetings and undertaking general administrative duties.
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge
- Educated to GCE A-Level standard, with an O-Level pass in English Language (or equivalent). Ideally holding a Paralegal or Legal Executive qualification (or equivalent).
- A minimum of three (3) years of clerical and administrative experience, obtained within a legal environment. Experience in legal secretarial work and the preparation of civil litigation bundles./li>
- A sound knowledge of administrative/clerical procedures (including word processing, managing files and records), and the principles/processes for providing effective customer service.
- An understanding of Cayman Islands laws, court procedures, legal precedents, government regulations and the democratic political process.
- A high level of understanding of the English language.
Candidates should also be able to successfully demonstrate effective skills in:
- typing; using computers/IT (with a high proficiency in the use of Microsoft Work & Excel); exercising judgement/making decisions; reading and comprehension; writing; time management; critical thinking; organizing work (include planning and prioritizing work); problem solving; communicating (both orally and in written form).
Please submit your Government Application Form, as well as a cover letter, résumé or curriculum vitae to: Natalee Dyke, Portfolio of Legal Affairs, 4th Floor, Government Administration Building, 133 Elgin Avenue, P.O. Box 136, Grand Cayman, KY1-9000. Telephone: 244 4529. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receipt of applications: Monday, 2nd November, 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.