Solid Waste Collection Supervisor
- Agency: Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture & Housing
- Reference: R023220
- Posted: 09-Oct-2020
- Closing Date: 25-Oct-2020
- Salary: CI$48,816 - CI$65, 664
- Job Description
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
Invites applications for the following position:
SOLID WASTE COLLECTION SUPERVISOR
Under general direction of the Operations Manager Solid Waste (OMSW), supervises and directs the activities of personnel responsible for the collection of refuse and recyclables, as well as the repair and/or delivery of refuse/recycling containers. The post holder is also responsible for creating and approving crew assignments and schedules, ensuring safety and customer service standards are met, and reviewing the productivity and quality of work of all assigned personnel.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates and monitor solid waste collection projects such as municipal solid waste, recycling and any other related project.
- Develops a work schedule for refuse collection, including establishing the priorities of work, developing route schedules, and assigning drivers and crews to trucks and routes.
- Investigates and reports on complaints received from the general public to ensure action is taken to remedy problems in a timely manner.
- Investigates accidents on location, prepares injury report and recommends follow-up action.
- Assist with performance management of staff members and concerns and assist with managing employee complaints and problems.
- Maintains detailed records of daily activities and prepares written reports, fleet defect forms, accident/injury reports.
- Responds to customer complaints and issues, request for service, and inquires about solid waste collection services.
- Performs any other duties as required by Supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- The post holder should possess an Associate’s Degree in Environmental Health or related field with five (5) years’ experience in solid waste collection with at least two (2) years in a supervisory capacity;
- OR an equivalent combination of relevant supervised experience and vocational/ academic training.
- In addition, to a valid Cayman Islands Group 4 driver’s license and a good driving record history.
A pre-employment drug screen and a Police Records check are conditions of employment.
The required government application form must be completed in its entirety, incomplete forms may be disqualified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
PLEASE SUBMIT COMPLETED CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resource & Administrative Manager
Department of Environmental Health
P.O. Box 1820
Grand Cayman KY1-1109
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 25 October 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.