Fleet and Equipment Manager
- Agency: Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture & Housing
- Reference: R023120
- Posted: 09-Oct-2020
- Closing Date: 25-Oct-2020
- Salary: CI$61,272 - CI$82, 380
- Job Description
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
Invites applications for the following position:
FLEET AND EQUIPMENT MANAGER
Under general direction of the Assistant Director Solid Waste (ADSW), the Fleet and Equipment Managerís role is to manage the entire lifecycle of the Department of Environmental Health (DEH) vehicles, heavy equipment, other mechanical equipment and onsite solid waste storage containers within the three (3) islands by reducing associated risk, improving efficiency, increasing productivity, reducing or minimizing operational costs, and ensuring compliance with applicable organizational policies, local regulations and manufacturer requirements in accordance with standard fleet management practices.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the DEHís fleet and equipment by planning, directing and coordinating the operations of the vehicle maintenance and repair programmes and developing and implementing processes to minimize equipment downtime.
- Ensures that appropriate goals and action plans are executed in a timely cost effective manner in respect of fleet, fuel, washing, maintenance, monitoring, service inspection and licensing compliance.
- Supervises the regular servicing of all solid waste storage containers at commercial properties.
- Analyses on a yearly basis overall fleet operational and maintenance costs and provides recommendations and submit reports to the ADSW.
- Tracks fleet usage and maintain accurate inventories of equipment.
- Performs any other duties as required by the ADSW, within the general scope of the function.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- The post holder should possess a least a Bachelorís Degree in Logistics, Business Management or related field;
- OR possession of a recognized Fleet Manager qualification with five (5) yearsí experience in Fleet Management including Asset Management, Business Management, Financial Management, Information Management, Maintenance Management, Professional Development, Risk Management, Vehicle Management and at least two (2) years in a supervisory capacity.
- The post holder should also possess broad experience in the management of all types of solid waste vehicles and equipment.
- In addition, to a valid Cayman Islands Group 4 driverís license and a good driving record history.
A pre-employment drug screen and a Police Records check are conditions of employment.
The required government application form must be completed in its entirety, incomplete forms may be disqualified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
PLEASE SUBMIT COMPLETED CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resource & Administrative Manager
Department of Environmental Health
P.O. Box 1820
Grand Cayman KY1-1109
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 25 October 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.