Public Relations Officer
- Agency: Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture & Housing
- Reference: R023020
- Posted: 09-Oct-2020
- Closing Date: 25-Oct-2020
- Salary: CI$48,816 - CI$65, 664
- Job Description
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
Invites applications for the following position:
PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
To generate and maintain a high level of public awareness regarding all aspects of environmental health and solid waste matters by writing and disbursing press releases; developing and executing social media platforms; coordinating community educational projects and events; and promoting environmental health activities, services and programmes both internally and externally. The post holder will also facilitate access to information held within the Department of Environmental Health (DEH) in accordance with the Freedom of Information (FOI) Law and provide efficient records management services in line with the National Archive and Public Records Law (NAPR).
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Directing, promoting and coordinating all public relations and community educational programmes related to environmental health to increase the awareness of service groups, schools, businesses, the general public and employees.
- Developing and implementing community educational and promotional strategies to ensure public awareness and maximum public participation thereby increasing the quality of environmental health.
- Generating public awareness of the DEHís policies and operations.
- Organising and executing special events, ceremonies, and workshops, media coverage and press releases encouraging the promotion of environmental health.
- Coordinating the design of brochures, preparing advertisements, and updating DEH website.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- The post holder must possess a Bachelorís Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years post-graduate experience in planning and implementing community educational promotional programmes, conferences and media relations is essential.
- The post holder must be advanced level in Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher.
- The post holder must be competent in social media applications including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube.
- The post holder must have basic photography and videography training and/ or skills.
- A good understanding of FOI and Records Management is desirable.
A pre-employment drug screen and a Police Records check are conditions of employment.
The required government application form must be completed in its entirety, incomplete forms may be disqualified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
PLEASE SUBMIT COMPLETED CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resource & Administrative Manager
Department of Environmental Health
P.O. Box 1820
Grand Cayman KY1-1109
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 25 October 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.