Business Advisor - CICBD
- Agency: Ministry of Commerce, Planning and Infrastructure
- Reference: R02292020
- Posted: 09-Oct-2020
- Closing Date: 28-Oct-2020
- Salary: CI$61,272 - CI$82,380
Ministry of Commerce, Planning & Infrastructure
Business Advisor – Cayman Islands Centre for Business Development (CICBD)
This position is responsible for assisting local businesses with starting or expanding their company. This position will focus primarily on business consulting and counseling, marketing plans, business plans, financial analysis, loans and entrepreneurship training.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s or first Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- Must have 3-5 years of related professional experience in a combination of business, finance, marketing, small business consulting, business management, banking, and/or small business ownership.
- Basic familiarity with Cayman Islands Centre for Business Development Centre (CICBD) operational, financial and case management procedures and advising on a broad range of business-related topics would be advantageous;
- Budgeting principles and practices;
- Some exposure to curriculum and instruction principles and practices;
- Entrepreneurial, program marketing and management principles and practices;
- Experience with teaching methodologies utilized in community or local programs.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Oral Communication: Effective individual and group engagement with a wide variety of individuals, organisations, and the general public.
- Execute the mission, vision and values of the organization
- Exercise initiative and appropriate independent judgement.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contribute to enhancing our local economic development effort in the area of small and micro business growth. Provide one-on-one consulting to for profit a wide range of local businesses in the areas of: marketing, commercial financial analysis, projections, loans, business planning, business expansion, management, recruitment and profitability.
2. Teach and co-teach business education courses and lead workshops including but not limited to pre-Business certification workshops, marketing and other established CICBD training events. Prepare curriculum and presentation materials for training events.
3. Maintains strict client and program confidentiality including but not limited to the management of clients intellectual property and ideas. Responsible for meeting or exceeding annual CICBD goals as outlined and tracks progress to assist with compiling CICBD quarterly/annual reports. Proactively conduct relevant (local and national) market research for startup and expanding companies.
4. Effectively present market data to clients and stakeholders. Participate in key stakeholders collaborative projects as assigned by the Senior Business Advisor.
Please submit your application form and resume via email to: CPIrecruitment@gov.ky
Chief HR Officer,
Ministry of Commerce, Planning & Infrastructure,
5th floor Government Administration Building,
133 Elgin Avenue
George Town, Grand Cayman KY1-9000
Deadline for applications is: October 28th, 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.