Director, Office of Education Standards
- Agency: Office of Education Standards
- Reference: V019/20
- Posted: 25-Sep-2020
- Closing Date: 25-Oct-2020
- Salary: CI$101,436 - CI$136,428
- Job Description
Office of Education Standards
School Inspections in the Cayman Islands.
Joining the Office of Education Standards at this time presents a unique opportunity to continuously enhance education quality within the Cayman Islands. The successful candidate will contribute to the ongoing development of inspections and will thereby help drive school improvement. In addition she/he will help influence policy making within the Ministry of Education through findings from school inspections and thematic reviews. We aspire to offer a world-class education for all students and believe that inspection can be a powerful tool to support improvement and inspire change. As the Lead Officer within the Inspectorate the successful candidate will help develop the Office of Education Standards as a world-class service for schools and Early Years Centres, both public and private.
Inspections on the Cayman Islands have been reformed in recent years. A locally designed self-evaluation and inspection framework has been in place since 2018 which positively incorporates the culture of the Cayman Islands. The Office of Education Standards has responsibility for evaluating diverse educational provisions in the Cayman Islands. Government schools and some of the private schools, follow a British-based curriculum, whilst a smaller number of private schools offer American or IB curricula.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
We want to hear from you if you meet all of the criteria below.
- You are a qualified inspector with substantial experience in leading external inspections of primary and secondary schools and early years’ settings.
- You are a qualified teacher with a minimum of seven years successful teaching experience with at least five years in a senior management position.
- Successful leadership experience working within a local authority or similar cross-school role.
- You are highly analytical with excellent ICT and communication skills.
- Experience of working in a culturally diverse, or international setting would be an advantage, as well as the ability to identify best practice within the local context.
- You must also be a dynamic change manager with effective inter-personal skills.
Most importantly, you are a dedicated and enthusiastic leader, committed to having a positive impact on education standards for students across the Cayman Islands.
Remuneration and Benefits
The remuneration package for the successful candidate offers a salary in the range of CI$101,436 to CI$136,428. This is for a January 2021 appointment.
Salaries are offered without deductions. The Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and health insurance for employees and their dependents.
A completed application along with your cover letter should be sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Quoting Ref#: V019/20
Application deadline: 25th October 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.