- Agency: Counselling Services
- Reference: R01952020
- Posted: 15-Sep-2020
- Closing Date: 30-Sep-2020
- Salary: CI$61,272 - CI$67,608
- Job Description
Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture and Housing
The Department of Counselling Services is seeking to fill the following vacancy:
Caribbean Haven Residential Centre (CHRC)
offers commensurate with education and years of experience
CHRC is a residential treatment programme which serves adult males and females with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health disorders. CHRC provides non-medical withdrawal management, primary treatment and re-entry support services throughout the year (excluding exceptional circumstances) and provide 24-hour care to residents. The Post Holder will act as the primary therapist for their assigned clients, and offer evidenced based individualised treatment and group therapeutic services.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing Evidence-based Therapeutic Group Sessions and facilitating psycho-educational groups to increase client awareness and teach new skills;
- Conducting individual sessions with clients, which can include sessions with family members and significant others to assist clients to establish and accomplish their treatment goals;
- Conducting comprehensive assessments on clients entering the residential treatment programmes as well as persons incarcerated at HMP who are referred by the courts and the Conditional Release Board to determine suitability and to identify treatment needs.
- Developing, in collaboration with clients, individualised treatment plans within 7 days of admission to the residential programme, evaluating progress toward identified goals weekly and updating the plan every 30 days to include newly identified goals as needed
- Maintaining confidential and up to date client records on all counselling matters.
- Completing relevant client file documentation and preparing reports to assist with monitoring the progress of clients;
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
The successful applicant should possess the following:
- Possess the minimum of a Masterís degree in a Social Science: Counselling, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or the equivalent qualifications/discipline.
- Evidence of (or eligibility for) licensure, certification or registration with a regulatory body with specification to practice as a psychotherapist within the current jurisdiction of practice or training.
- Have 5 Ė 7 years of clinical experience working as a specialized therapist with individuals, and groups in a therapeutic residential setting.
- Prior experience working with mandated clients co-occurring disorders is required.
- Evidence of integrative counselling skills and knowledge of dual diagnosis treatment.
- Cross cultural experience is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills are required including the ability to develop proper case documentation.
- Proficiency in computer applications software including Windows & Microsoft Office
- CPR and Basic First Aid are required.
- Hold a valid driverís license.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER, APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Department of Counselling Services
2nd Floor, Apollo House West
P.O. Box 10142
Grand Cayman KY1-1002
Or by e-mail: DCSRecruitment@gov.ky
Application Deadline: 30 September 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.