Managing Director - National Roads Authority
- Agency: National Roads Authority
- Reference: R01652020
- Posted: 17-Aug-2020
- Closing Date: 30-Sep-2020
- Salary: CI$125,068 - CI$162,389
- Job Description
National Roads Authority
Applications are invited for the post of:
The NRA is recruiting for a Managing Director, to strategically lead, manage and develop the National Roads Authority (NRA) to deliver the strategic outcomes of the Cayman Islands Government.
Principal Accountabilities: (see JD for full review of these)
- Responsible for strategic leadership ensuring the achievement of the ownership and purchase performance as agreed by the board with the Governor in Cabinet.
- Provide strategic policy, financial, human resource and technical advice and guidance to the Board
- Monitor the roads infrastructure of the Cayman Islands developing a medium/long-term costed plans for the Board
- Proactively developing new maintenance and improvement strategies for the Board to consider, following appropriate research and financial/cost benefit analysis.
- Provide operational leadership & management of the NRA.
The successful candidate will:-
- Build capability in the organization by establishing a culture of continuous learning and development of staff and by effective workforce planning and succession planning.
- Proactively work together across silos to achieve government objectives and improve outcomes and encourage openness, transparency and trust
- Deliver results and communicate, a clear vision, values, and strategic priorities and ignite passion, pace and drive to deliver better services
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:(see JD for full review of these)
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a related road transportation field from an accredited college or university; AND either
- a relevant Masters degree or equivalent, plus 10 (ten) years of relevant experience in the field of ground transport infrastructure – at least 5 (five) years at an executive/leadership level with responsibility for areas such as operations, finance, strategic management and HR; or
- 15 (fifteen) years of relevant experience in the field of ground transport infrastructure – at least 5 (five) years at an executive/leadership level with responsibility for areas such as operations, finance, strategic management and HR.
- Professional (US) or Chartered (UK) Engineer status with knowledge of Road Management and Operations. Experience of using technology in road design
The NRA offers an excellent compensation package, including pension and health insurance. Salary range for this position is CI$ $125,068 - $162,389 per annum commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application form and job description are available online at www.caymanroads.com
Interested parties are required to submit a NRA job application and resume in confidence no later than September 30th, 2020 to:
Chairman, NRA Board of Governors
National Roads Authority
P.O. Box 10426
Grand Cayman, KY1-1004