- Agency: Judicial Administration
- Reference: JUD08/2020
- Posted: 11-Sep-2020
- Closing Date: 01-Oct-2020
- Salary: CI$79,656 - CI$107,148
- Job Description
The Judicial Administration is now accepting applications for the post of:
To support the Court Administrator and CFO in the strategic management of Judicial Administrationís finances, while overseeing the day to day operations of distinct areas falling under the responsibility of the Finance Section. The post holder will work flexibly across a range of responsibilities, providing support and advice to the senior management team on financial related matters. This includes identifying opportunities for efficiencies and cost savings and assisting in the implementation of same.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelorís Degree in Accounting or Finance, with a Professional Accounting qualification. Post graduate qualification is desirable.
- Must have at least 8 years of relevant work experience (preferably in a public service environment, with at least 3 yearsí experience in a senior financial management position).
- Experience using IRIS and/or JEMS would be an asset.
- Experience developing and monitoring budgets and preparing financial reports is required.
- Experience in management of people, or working at a management level.
- Knowledge of International Public-Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) financial reporting, and budgeting would be an asset.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Public Management and Finance Law and the financial policies and procedures regular and customary in a Court environment would be an asset.
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with other professionals, executives and senior management.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office including advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong financial and management skills, with high attention to detail, a proactive attitude and ability to perform under pressure.
- Ability to organize, plan and manage work while maintaining confidentiality.
- Analyse issues and recommend appropriate solutions as appropriate.
- Familiar with Cayman Islands Government IRIS System and accounting system
A pre-employment drug screen and Police records check are conditions of employment
PLEASE SUBMIT FULLY COMPLETED CIG APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Chief Human Resource Officer
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 1 OCTOBER 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.