Business Process Analyst
- Agency: Ministry of Commerce, Planning and Infrastructure
- Reference: R0175/20
- Posted: 03-Sep-2020
- Closing Date: 28-Sep-2020
- Salary: CI$70,244 - CI$94,440
- Job Description
Ministry of Commerce, Planning & Infrastructure
Business Process Analyst
Post holder will lead and facilitate business process improvement/reengineering/ (BPI/R) for projects across Government to improve customer experience and efficiency; to enhance or create competitive advantage for the Cayman Islands and to reduce cost to provide services.
Post holder’s responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Translation of business goals, objectives and user needs into requirements:
- Conduct BPM session workshops/meetings with internal clients, the IT team/s (Computer Services and/or with external vendors where necessary e.g. outsourced IT provider) and relevant external third parties to brainstorm and agree improved or revised “To Be” processes and delivery channels including online or app based self-service.
- Analysis of moderate to complex business problems and process/s:
- Capture and documenting (including use of BPM mapping) current “As Is” operations and processes (including use of existing IT systems).
- Process and related system testing planning, oversight and execution:
- Co-ordination and management of test planning and test execution to ensure highest level of quality for products.
- To produce business cases, procurement documents e.g. RFPs, RFQs and RFIs, proposals, draft polices, templates, training materials, statements, Cabinet Papers/Notes, responses to Parliamentary Questions and reports
- To facilitate training and capacity-building for public servants
Qualifications / Experience:
- An M.B.A. or other advanced degree in business or social sciences with at least five (5) years of related business discipline experience would be preferred OR;
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in science, engineering or business, with at least seven (7) years of related business discipline experience.
- Additional qualifications/certifications in Business Process Modelling and Notation (BPMN) and Business Process Improvements (BPI) and programme and project management would be a distinct advantage.
- Three (3) years of process improvement experience, especially experience that leverages technology as part of the solution.
- Hands-on experience with process modelling, analysis and simulation tools.
- Experience working on projects using a variety of process redesign methods (such as business process re-engineering, value chain analysis, lean Six Sigma or total quality management).
Benefits are in accordance with the Public Service Management Law and Regulations (2019), the Public Service Pensions Law (2004 Revision) and the CINICO Health Plan, which includes non-contributory pension and health benefits.
Please submit your application form and resume via email to: CPIrecruitment@gov.ky or mail to:
Chief HR Officer,
Ministry of Commerce, Planning & Infrastructure,
5th floor Government Administration Building,
133 Elgin Avenue,
George Town, Grand Cayman KY1-9000
Deadline for applications is: Monday, 28th September 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.