Senior Finance Manager (CMSS)
- Agency: Ministry of Commerce, Planning and Infrastructure
- Reference: R01432020
- Posted: 31-Jul-2020
- Closing Date: 18-Aug-2020
- Salary: CI$70,224 - CI$94,440
- Job Description
Senior Finance Manager (CMSS)
To act as the principal financial advisor and manager to the Chief Officer on all financial matters pertaining to the Centralised Management Support Services. The Senior Finance Manager of Centralised Management Support Services (CMSS) is responsible for the overall financial management, business analysis, budgeting and reporting across a finance team that supports four (4) departments.
Budget & Financial Accounting Management duties:
Develop and prepare, in consultation with the Chief Financial Officer, the Head of Department the annual budget with agreed objectives.
To ensure that the Chief Officer and Chief Financial Officer is appraised of key financial issues that need to be discussed with the Head of Department.
To be responsible and report on the overall business risk assessment and management process of the organisation, ensuring the Head of Department, Chief Officer and Chief Financial Officer are aware of risks and actions to mitigate those risks.
Qualifications:The post holder must possess A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and an internationally recognized professional accounting designation with 5 – 7 years post qualification experience with at least three (3) years at a senior management level. A Master’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration is an advantage.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- A firm understanding of GAAP standards
- Proven knowledge of budget techniques and practices, professional principles and skills of accrual based accounting are essential.
- Proven ability to analyse and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, schedules and/or projections.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to identify and analyse management, customer and staff needs
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Ability to supervise and direct staff, analyse, write and recommend policies and procedures; develop and apply management techniques, analyse situations and adopt a course of action; promote teamwork within the accounts section and the entire department.
- Previous experience with Cayman Islands Government (CIG) finance environment would be an advantage
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, management, and department head staff and various agency personnel.
- Working knowledge of internationally accepted accounting standards as well as Microsoft Office applications and all financial procedures approved by the Financial Secretary or the Auditor General.
Please submit your application form and resume via email to: CPIrecruitment@gov.ky
Chief HR Officer,
Ministry of Commerce, Planning & Infrastructure,
5th floor Government Administration Building,
133 Elgin Avenue
George Town, Grand Cayman KY1-9000
Deadline for applications is: Tuesday, August 18th, 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.